1Password is simply indispensable. It runs on Apple’s Mac OS X (in Safari, Firefox and Chrome), in iOS (for iPod touch, iPhone and iPad), for Microsoft Windows and, via 1Passwordanywhere, via the web (providing access for Linux users and Mac & PC users when they’re not at their own computers).
1Password has many things going for it:
- Less-filling, tastes great — it’s both convenient to use and highly secure (the holy grail of security in any context)
- Encourages security, rewards laziness — 1Password makes it easy to use a different, high-quality password at every site you frequent (by generating them for you automatically, avoiding the dangerous tendency to recycle the same password at multiple sites)
- Anti-phishing protection — by using pattern-matching to only show you the appropriate logins for the site you’re on, it will recognize when you’ve been lured onto a site that’s masquerading as your bank or sears.ca and won’t provide your login credentials.
- Cheaper than the alternatives — It costs much less than the time and hassles involved with compromised online banking or ecommerce accounts
- Active development — Agile Web Solutions has always provided timely updates for new browsers and operating systems — this is one of the most actively-developed apps that I use daily